[OSM-talk] Postponing elections, or other alternatives (Was: Modus operandi of the board)

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Tue Oct 28 12:20:19 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 28 October 2014, Kathleen Danielson wrote:

> If you are concerned that something might "seem harsh," perhaps you
> shouldn't say it. I'm fairly certain you could have expressed your
> point without telling me that I am "opportunistically doing whatever
> the majority wants".

I see what you mean.  Please regard what i wrote in context, i
specifically tried to be pointed but i also wrote that i fully
understand if you or other candidates have not yet formed an opinion on
the matter, carefully weighting pros and cons is not the same as being
opportunistic.

> [...] Finally, I would like to see an
> election held again soon with a larger voting base, because the
> events of the past two week or so have certainly made more people
> interested in voting who had never been members before (like you,
> perhaps).

To answer this - if a new election for all board seats is to take place
i would immediately sign up for membership to be able to vote (and not
for candidacy)  Since you as well as other candidates have expressed
the desire to expand OSMF membership this might work a lot towards this
goal.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/