[OSM-talk] Steve's better map

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Fri Oct 31 10:59:09 UTC 2014

One concern I have as a user of, primarily, road path and POI data, is the growing size of the planet file that addressing data would cause.

If we are to focus on addresses more, then I think we do need to produce planet extracts with just the basic street and POI data, so that those of us who are primarily interested in that data and do not have powerful servers can get hold of that data easily.

Nick