[OSM-talk] Adding Wikidata tags to 70k items automatically

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 11:50:33 UTC 2014

On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 3:37 PM, Edward Betts <edward at 4angle.com> wrote:

> There are 281 cases where a wikidata item in my list of suggested matches
> already appears in OSM, but is linked to an object that is different from my
> suggestion.
>
> Often that is because an entity appears in OSM as a node and a relation, my
> code is matching the node.

The first example I checked, "Keinau", is not wrong in OSM. The
village/settlement is identified by a node "place" [1] and the
administrative boundary is identified by a relation [2] of
type=boundary + boundary=administrative + admin_level=9. The question
now is if your wikidata entry is about the settlement or its
administrative boundary or both...

Pieren

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/240056815
[2] http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/3680169