[OSM-talk] This has to stop: User Diaries Spam

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Sep 5 15:15:54 UTC 2014

On 05/09/14 15:59, Éric Gillet wrote:

> I know a friend who have some ruby knowledge, and will try to implement
> something.
>
> It seems that there already is a "moderator" user role

It's not "hard" but it's a non-trivial amount of work.

First up we need a review/report queue, which probably needs to be
polymorphic so we can report at least users, diary posts and diary comments.

It also needs to track which users have reported each item, so that a
user can't report an item multiple times. An item which got enough
independent reports could then be hidden temporarily pending review.

Then we need some UI to present that queue to the moderators so that can
consider each report and either kill the user or cancel the report.

So as I say it's not hard, but it's more than just adding a button or a
new privilege as some people seem to think.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/