[OSM-talk] "Incorrect speed limit" anonymous notes - who is behind that?

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Mon Sep 8 16:27:11 UTC 2014

Hi Per,
thanks for your reply to the thread here.

My suggestion regarding GPS traces would be twofold:

1) it would be great to have more gps traces alltogether in general, so
a general upload of traces would be ideal, but it requires teaching the
users about the danger of it, and uploading traces should probably be
under a collective account of your company to obfuscate personal home
locations and such. Another idea here would be to cut the first and last
parts of traces to obfuscate this.

2) Whenever a speed limit has been submitted the note you create from
that should ideally link to the corresponding gps track. This would
enable to get the direction directly (no heading necessary) and - if the
speed is included by at least relative timestamps in the trace - the
speed limit might be better to locate if the driver adjusts his speed
according to the current limit (which often is the case I think).

Both of this requires a really careful information of the user as those
data in theory may contain or leak private information.

regards
Peter