[OSM-talk] Wood & Park mapnik carto anomaly?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 22:18:14 UTC 2014

> Il giorno 17/set/2014, alle ore 22:32, "Dave F." <davefox at madasafish.com> ha scritto:
>
> As an example: If it has a name you'd have two objects of that name, when in fact there's only one. If someone wanted to find out how many named wood there are in a city it would return inaccurate data.

I agree with this, that's why IMO we should have 2 distinct kind of properties (and maybe objects), one kind for name (and type of thing) and one kind for descriptions of subobjects like an area where trees grows. inside a named forest you might have lots of areas without actual trees. Eg natural=wood and name=* vs. landcover=trees

cheers,
Martin