[OSM-talk] Wood & Park mapnik carto anomaly?

colliar colliar4ever at aol.com
Thu Sep 18 18:51:10 UTC 2014

Am 18.09.2014 00:18, schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:

>> Il giorno 17/set/2014, alle ore 22:32, "Dave F." <davefox at madasafish.com> ha scritto:
>>
>> As an example: If it has a name you'd have two objects of that name, when in fact there's only one. If someone wanted to find out how many named wood there are in a city it would return inaccurate data.
>

> I agree with this, that's why IMO we should have 2 distinct kind of properties (and maybe objects), one kind for name (and type of thing) and one kind for descriptions of subobjects like an area where trees grows. inside a named forest you might have lots of areas without actual trees. Eg natural=wood and name=* vs. landcover=trees

No, the name problem is simply solved with a multipolygon or site
relation if needed. This way we still have one single object.

It is still a forest even if there are no trees atm. Please use
landcover=* to add this information. Or exclude the area if permanent.

One more option would be to use place=locality or even place=forest with
the name

cu colliar