[OSM-talk] Territorial waters of Gibraltar

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Tue Apr 7 20:31:22 UTC 2015

On 4/7/2015 1:07 PM, Colin Smale wrote:
> As you will have noticed by now, it's complicated. There is no "truth"
> agreed to by both sides, so we may need two boundaries: one according
> to Spain, and one according to Gib/UK. In between is "disputed
> territory". How do we handle that in other cases?
We follow the on the ground principle.
http://osmfoundation.org/w/images/d/d8/DisputedTerritoriesInformation.pdf is
information we have for officials from countries with disputed territories.

Admittedly the on the ground principle is generally clearer on land than
on water and there are some cases which are more complicated.