[OSM-talk] Territorial waters of Gibraltar

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 08:17:07 UTC 2015

> Now that document says one interesting thing about OSM holding one set
> of "most-recognised" borders; that
> "In the future, we may look at supporting alternative sets directly."
> I don't know of any technical proposals to achieve this.
> Side-track from the core issue of Gibraltar though, sorry.

we do have alternatives also in parallel:
this is the Netherlands relation (zoom to disputed area):
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/2323309#map=10/53.5277/6.7696

and this the overlapping Germany (same area):
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4108738#map=10/53.5277/6.7696
(note the part of the sea that is both, Dutch and German, according to OSM).

Background (in Dutch and German only):
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rijksgrens_van_Nederland#Grens_met_Duitsland
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsch-Niederl%C3%A4ndische_Grenzfrage

Cheers,