[OSM-talk] Mount Parnassos, Greece - mapping

Nick Whitelegg nick.whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Fri Apr 10 15:29:14 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am planning on visiting Greece this summer and aiming to climb Olympos and Mount Parnassos as well as visiting some of the sites.

Olympos  looks well mapped, but the latter only has one route mapped, from the east side. Information about this area is very hard to come by on the internet, particularly in English and I thought it would be a good candidate to get a bit more in the way of OSM mapping; apparently there are trails on the SW side from Arachova though it was tricky to get this information and ended up having to ask someone on SummitPost.

Anyway, I thought I'd ask on the offchance that someone from Greece or visiting the area might be interested in a mapping event to map routes up Mount Parnassos from the SW. The days I had in mind were Monday 20th or possibly Sunday 19th July - starting very early in the morning, say 6am, to do the climb before it gets too hot.

So let me know if you're interested! I will be staying in Delphi.

Thanks,

Nick