[OSM-talk] OSM-carto development environment

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Thu Apr 16 18:26:45 UTC 2015

Hi,

I try to dive deeper into developing OSM-carto (default OSM map style)
for some time and the critical part of it appears to get development
environment up and running (beside just editing, previewing and testing
is very important). I'm still stuck a bit, but plan to end up with
environment ready to go and some tools for others to help them do the
same.

Basically we're trying 2 approaches - simple installation script and a
set of ready, virtualized components (think Docker/Vagrant):

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/657
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/pull/1342

I'd like to know how many people might be interested in using it and
what guidance would they expect? What host OS should we consider - do
they want to use it on 32-bit Linux, 64-bit Linux, Windows (32? 64?) or
anything else? Any other big obstacles, wishes or comments?

--
Piaseczno Miasto Wąskotorowe