[OSM-talk] Wiki project: Article about the standard layer, with key
wuzzy2 at mail.ru
Mon Apr 20 12:27:05 UTC 2015
I have created a wiki page about the Standard layer found on
Here it is:
This wiki page is still a big work in progress.
Here are two goals of this wiki page:
1) Concentrate on user's view, not mapper's view
2) Give a brief description of the Standard layer and other information
3) Document all the map colors, symbols and lines. Also known as “key”.
I know that the homepage has already a key, but it is very incomplete
and outdated, most symbols (“points of interest”) are not explained at
Does anyone want to help with this effort?
There are the following challenges:
- I want to have the pure, unaltered icons in their original size. Many
icons I found in the wiki are pretty outdated.
- If possible, the icons should be stored as uniform as possible in the
wiki. It looks ugly if all the icons are displayed in different sizes
- Documenting all the non-obvious stuff about the layer, such as that
private access things are drawn semi-transparent, etc.
- Keeping this whole thing up to date
You can help by:
- Extending the key
- Give advice if you know more about the inner workings of the Standard
- Uploading missing icons into the wiki
- Updating outdated icons in the wiki
- Adding more general information about this layer
XMPP: Wuzzy2 at jabber.ccc.de
E-Mail: wuzzy2 at mail.ru
More information about the talk