[OSM-talk] Tagging POI's - Nodes vs. areas

colliar colliar4ever at aol.com
Tue Apr 21 14:17:17 UTC 2015

Hey

While this email would rather suit tagging@ or help.openstreetmap.org I
gonna try to answer:

First of all, please, do not mix building-use and building=*. The later
is for the construction type which might overlap with the actual use.

amenity=hospital is the tag for a hospital and needed to get it rendered
but this can include several buildings and even the surrounding area.

Well, for a single building both might be needed:

amenity=hospital
building=hospital/yes
name=*

cu colliar