[OSM-talk] Tagging POI's - Nodes vs. areas

pmailkeey . pmailkeey at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 21 15:31:33 UTC 2015

On 21 April 2015 at 16:21, Jan van Bekkum <jan.vanbekkum at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you use a relation shouldn't it be a site relation instead of a
> multipolygon?
>
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 4:24 PM Bryan Housel <bryan at 7thposition.com>
> wrote:
>
>> `amenity=hospital` is what makes it a proper hospital.  You can create a
>> node where the hospital is, or an area around the property of the
>> hospital.  Drawing either a node or an area is ok, but drawing areas is
>> preferred if you have time for it.
>>
>> If the hospital is just one building, you can add `building=yes` or
>> `building=hospital` to the amenity.   If the hospital is a campus of
>> several buildings, you can draw each building as well.  `building=*`
>> (anything) should make it render like a building/structure.   The actual
>> value of the building tag is not really used often (it’s considered a
>> description of what the building looks like, not what it is), so most
>> buildings are just tagged as `building=yes` unless they are really special
>> somehow.
>>
>> Thanks, Bryan

No area should be plotted as a point. That's just one of OSM's nightmarish
disasters.

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>