[OSM-talk] Sidewalks

pmailkeey . pmailkeey at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 25 21:29:01 UTC 2015

On 25 April 2015 at 18:22, Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2 at obviously.com> wrote:

> Another possibility is somewhat radical:
>
>    - Non-routing or "decorative" ways for sidepaths.
>
> Maybe splitting routing tags ("how it connects") from rendering ("how it
> looks") has merit.

I've always considered OSM to be two maps - a geographic and a routing.
While an underlying routing line performs the routing function, an area
(highway residential) covers the actual reality. The joint between the two
can be a bit rough though. Having recently discovered area highway footway
- I'm filling in pavements/sidewalks locally now a bit as well.

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>