[OSM-talk] Different HOT Domains without redirect...

Andreas Goss andig88 at t-online.de
Tue Apr 28 16:53:03 UTC 2015

I already wrote on the HOT mailinglist, but because the focus there is
obviously somewhere else I thought I'd mention it here, too.

So I just realized that the same website has 3 or maybe even more URLs.

- http://hot.osm.org/
- http://hot.openstreetmap.org/
- http://hotosm.org/

While it looks like someone fixed the issue that some pages were not up
do date, it's still pretty bad for search engines. I also just realized
that there are no www. versions, except for www.hotosm.org, but that
should also redirect (needs a seperate one I think)

In my opinion it would be best if all URL had a 301 redirect to
http://www.hot.openstreetmap.org/

* http://moz.com/learn/seo/redirection