[OSM-talk] Different HOT Domains without redirect...

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Apr 28 17:32:13 UTC 2015

On 28/04/15 17:53, Andreas Goss wrote:

> I already wrote on the HOT mailinglist, but because the focus there is
> obviously somewhere else I thought I'd mention it here, too.
>
> So I just realized that the same website has 3 or maybe even more URLs.
>
> - http://hot.osm.org/
> - http://hot.openstreetmap.org/
> - http://hotosm.org/
>
> While it looks like someone fixed the issue that some pages were not up
> do date, it's still pretty bad for search engines. I also just realized
> that there are no www. versions, except for www.hotosm.org, but that
> should also redirect (needs a seperate one I think)
>
> In my opinion it would be best if all URL had a 301 redirect to
> http://www.hot.openstreetmap.org/

Not going to happen. We don't add random www. prefixes to any of our
other sites, other than the main site. Arguably we should drop it there.

I believe hotosm.org is the canonical domain anyway, we just provide
hot.openstreetmap.org as an alias for convenience.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/