[OSM-talk] stop deleting abandoned railroads

Brad Neuhauser brad.neuhauser at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 04:01:30 UTC 2015

> How do I know if there is a razed railway there?
>
> That is, if I'm on the ground and there's a building, how do I know it's a
> razed railway?
>
> - Serge

Personally, I haven't used that tag much, I'm not that into railways. :)
When I have, it's usually when I'm doing some remote mapping in the US,
there's an imported railway from TIGER which I can see aligns with track
remnants in two spots (often already tagged railway=abandoned), but in
between there is new development which has totally removed the tracks and
regraded the land for housing, highway, mall, etc.