[OSM-talk] stop deleting abandoned railroads

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sat Aug 15 05:46:24 UTC 2015

Mateusz Konieczny writes:
 > In another case where railway tracks that were removed, embankment
 > demolished and somebody build there houses. In that case railway
 > track should not be mapped in OSM because this feature is gone.

Railway=dismantled. Doesn't get rendered except where it should be,
on openrailwaymap.org.

Why is this so hard? I'm not asking you to do it. I'm asking you to
stop preventing me from doing it.

I'm not trying to make extra work for anybody.

I'm asking you to find a different way to make the map better than by
deleting things, valid things, real things, that other people entered.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog