[OSM-talk] stop deleting abandoned railroads

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 15 10:43:14 UTC 2015

So who decides what is good data and what is bad data?

And "visibility on the ground" needs nuancing. Are we to remove
underground pipelines/power lines? Or boundaries? "Visible and/or
verifiable" might be better. A rule that needs loads of exceptions, is
not a well formed rule.

An abandoned railway route IS an abandoned railway route, even today
(i.e. that is current data). It WAS a working railway line. That is all
verifiable.