[OSM-talk] Trees

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Sat Aug 15 14:46:35 UTC 2015

On 15/08/15 14:39, Andy Townsend wrote:
> There's lots of discussion on Openstreetmap-Carto's github about this, which explains what's possible with the "standard" style right now, but if you're not subject to those restrictions you can certainly render leaf_type now - I've been doing it for my own use for some time (I wrote a diary entry about it a bit back) and it certainly makes areas of trees "make more sense" on the map.
I'm in much the same place at the moment on my own UK rendering. The
different types  of 'woodland' makes sense around this area. What is
iritating is the mass use of 'brown' for farms around Birmingham when in
practice the whole area is mainly farmland. I'm just trying to work out
how to strip the 'farm yard' from the generic farm tagging so that
specific orchard and similar farming activity shows up better.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL