[OSM-talk] landcover=trees

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Sat Aug 15 15:31:37 UTC 2015

Hi
I think that discussion should have been titled Stop tagging
natural=wood and landuse=forest differently.

As I've said have a unified render just covers up that we're tagging
incorrectly. There should only be one primary tag to describe large area
of trees.

Whether it be landcover or landuse or whatever, I'm not that concerned
about but it really should only be one option.

Cheers
Dave F.

On 15/08/2015 16:13, Daniel Koć wrote:
> W dniu 15.08.2015 15:16, Martin Koppenhoefer napisał(a):
>
>> IMHO it would rather encourage mappers to make more sense out of these
>> than it is now. I'm myself adding a pointless landuse=forest for every
>> landcover=trees now (for the renderer), and I guess most other mappers
>> do the same. I will remove them from non-forests as soon as the
>> landcover tag becomes visible
>
> I asked about it here:
>
> https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/1724#issuecomment-128702817
>

> but the issue is closed now without too detailed discussion. I guess
> we should at least create specific Wiki page to document it and try to
> define how it should be used, but I had no time to touch it and nobody
> else did it too.
>
> I think after that I can open simple PR, so we can discuss it in detail.

---