[OSM-talk] Best base to build on ...

nebulon42 nebulon42 at yandex.com
Sat Aug 15 17:18:21 UTC 2015

I'm not sure how TileMill fits within your rendering stack here. Do you
mean Mapnik?

If you talk about carto-based style development the best alternative for
TileMill right now is Kosmtik (https://github.com/kosmtik/kosmtik),
which is developed and maintained by Yohan Boniface. Some if not all of
the maintainers of osm-carto use it. I have also switched from TileMill
to Kosmtik for my work on osm-carto a few months ago. It is addressing
the more tech-savvy kind of style developers (more command-line stuff),
but the switch has also optimized my workflow.

Best, nebulon42