[OSM-talk] Best base to build on ...

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Sat Aug 15 19:43:20 UTC 2015

On 15/08/15 18:18, nebulon42 wrote:
> I'm not sure how TileMill fits within your rendering stack here. Do you
> mean Mapnik?
tilemill allows me to serve tiles and play with the tile sheets and I
have it working via nginx as well.

> If you talk about carto-based style development the best alternative for
> TileMill right now is Kosmtik (https://github.com/kosmtik/kosmtik),
> which is developed and maintained by Yohan Boniface. Some if not all of
> the maintainers of osm-carto use it. I have also switched from TileMill
> to Kosmtik for my work on osm-carto a few months ago. It is addressing
> the more tech-savvy kind of style developers (more command-line stuff),
> but the switch has also optimized my workflow.
Will have a look, but it seems to just another sticking plaster rather
than a well planned development base :(
Not succeeded in installing this yet - problem posted on github ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL