[OSM-talk] Best base to build on ...

ajt1047 at gmail.com ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 13:53:26 UTC 2015

On 16/08/2015 01:46, Paul Norman wrote:
> ... The problem with Tilemill is that is is abandoned, and includes
> in-program text editing, which adds significant complexity to the
> codebase, and this text editing does not function with large complex
> styles.

FWIW I've always used TileMill with an external editor.  Usually it's
pretty good after spotting a change to an externally edited file and
rerenders accordingly.  There are times when you need to stop and
restart it to pick up changes (most obviously when a lua script changes
that changes what's in the database), but they're fairly rare.

Cheers,

Andy