[OSM-talk] stop deleting abandoned railroads

moltonel 3x Combo moltonel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 12:40:36 UTC 2015

On 20/08/2015, Russ Nelson <nelson at crynwr.com> wrote:
> moltonel writes:
> When they show up, we can have a discussion. In the meantime, I'm
> here, and many other mappers map abandoned and dismantled railways,
> and we would like to NOT HAVE YOU FRICK WITH OUR STUFF.

Please don't shout and curse, it just kills the debate. Your defense
of railway=* mapped thru buildings of a housing estate is something
that I (and AFAICT most of the community) cannot agree with, so that
topic has reached a dead-end and I'll stop discussing it.

Hopefully someday we'll get a proper way to map in the 4th dimention
in OSM (hint: OHM is not good enough yet). In the meantime, if I
happen to be mapping somewhere and see an abandoned/dismantled railway
going thru houses like in your "perfect example of how a railway
should be mapped", I'll delete it.

Regards.