[OSM-talk] The Proposed Great Colour Shift

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Thu Aug 20 18:51:39 UTC 2015

On 8/20/2015 9:32 AM, john whelan wrote:
> As someone affected I wish to dissent therefore you do not have
> consensus not every one consents.

Although not essential to the style discussion, I think it's important
to correct this point. Consensus is not unanimity.
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2418#section-3.3 is a good read, as it
mentions mailing lists. Another part is identifying and resolving of
concerns. This does not mean everyone will agree with how their concern
is resolved, which is impossible when two concerns do not have a
compatible resolution.

The decision to merge or not lies with the maintainers, and ultimately,
with Andy. We'll look at comments on the Github issue, the cartography
change and come to a final decision.