[OSM-talk] The Proposed Great Colour Shift

Jóhannes Birgir Jensson joi at betra.is
Thu Aug 20 19:37:08 UTC 2015

Þann 20.8.2015 18:36, skrifaði Frederik Ramm:
> Your use case of "easily recognizable tertiary road in sparsely
> populated regions" is valid, but perhaps it is "niche" enough to
> accept that it need to be served by the main map style.

I'm fairly certain that the rural regions of the world are not a "niche"
but where we are sorely lacking in data and where our growth in Africa
(for example) will come. Having done data quality checks on settlements
of the world thousands of them are still just a name on the map with no
road connections and there tertiary roads will be needed to go.

I'm not averse to red/yellow taking over personally but the expense is
too great for me at the moment. We need to find a way to make tertiary
still recognizable.

--JBJ