[OSM-talk] Abandoned Rails

Balaco Baco balacobaco at imap.cc
Sun Aug 23 00:27:54 UTC 2015

> > What we need is a
> > database that already has all the data and simply identify when some
> > small elements of it cease to be current.
>
> In OSM we do that by deleting the small elements ;)

I'm sorry. But this is just a stupid thing to do. To have no data and to
have the most recently obtained data are two very different things.

With the first one you just end with something that isn't worth to ever
try consulting because it may not have what you're looking for, so
better not expend time with it.

With the later one, you can be satisfied many times, and if it's not the
current real situation, it should be close enough - or you can even
contribute to correct or improve it, which should be much easier to do
than making it all from the start, from nothing.

--
  Balaco

http://www.fastmail.com - Choose from over 50 domains or use your own