[OSM-talk] Abandoned Rails

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sat Aug 29 04:06:40 UTC 2015

Dave F. writes:
 > On 23/08/2015 16:49, Frederik Ramm wrote:
 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > On 08/23/2015 02:27 AM, Balaco Baco wrote:
 > >> I'm sorry. But this is just a stupid thing to do. To have no data and to
 > >> have the most recently obtained data are two very different things.
 > > Certainly you're not suggesting we map all these negatives.
 >
 > I think I'd rather map Dark Matter. Seems easier ;-)

As I've pointed out many times in the past and apparently must point
out again, because some people are not paying attention, nobody is
asking you to map things you don't want to map. This is an open source
project, and as such, NOBODY gets to make demands that anybody else do
something.

We can't demand that somebody write a module, or map a county.

We CAN, however, demand that somebody stop deleting modules or ways
that somebody else has added to the project.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog