[OSM-talk] Update on State of the Map US

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Wed Feb 11 16:52:45 UTC 2015

Hey all,

(I just sent this note to talk-us but I am hoping it will be useful for
folks outside the US as well!)

We've been pretty busy organizing the upcoming State of the Map US
conference. Time for an update!

Firstly, as of today the call for sessions is open. Please do submit your
ideas for a talk, a lightning talk, or a different type of session. We
welcome any and all topics related to OSM: your local community initiative,
interesting uses and applications of OSM, your teaching project, a tech or
cartographic deep dive...Too many possibilities to list! Head over to
http://stateofthemap.us/ to submit your proposal.

Also, a reminder that we're running a pretty great scholarship program. If
you belong at State of the Map US but money is an issue, there's help.
Applications for the scholarship program are open for a little while
longer, again, head over to http://stateofthemap.us/ to learn more and
apply.

Speaking of $. We realize NYC can be an expensive place, so we've made a
big effort to find affordable accommodations. Prices start at $45 a night
but rooms / beds are limited, so head over to http://stateofthemap.us/ and
book soon.

I was not going to make this into a long email but one more thing..:
registration is open  for early bird tickets which are $90 only, this will
not last long and considering what you'll get for this money it's a total
bargain :) You know where to go by now!

Let me know if you have any questions or ideas about SOTM US, and I hope to
see many of you June 6-8 in NYC.

--
Martijn van Exel
skype: mvexel