[OSM-talk] this has to stop: iD user mistakes all over the place

Andrew Wiseman awiseman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 00:41:07 UTC 2015

Maybe this is an obvious one, but why not just write the user who made the
error a nice note? One of my first edits was an error, and somebody (Jaakko
Helleranta from HOT, it turns out) wrote me a nice note, something like
"hey, thanks for editing, I notice you did X but probably should have done
Y, and here's why" with links and whatnot. I appreciated it. I've done that
since a few times when I noticed a person making repeated errors and always
got nice responses back. It might take a minute but it's well worth it,
both to build community and to save time in the long run with better data
and fewer errors that need fixing.

People who want to edit a map are generally nice people.

Andrew

--

600,000 DC residents don't have a vote in Congress -- http://www.dcvote.org/
<http://www.dcvote.org/about/index.cfm>