[OSM-talk] this has to stop: iD user mistakes all over the place

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 15:01:42 UTC 2015

Thank you for dismissing all our arguments in one fell swoop. The
difference with reported bugs, is that said bugs did get addressed. If we
are anti-anything it's
anti-having-to-cleanup-with-no-possibility-to-shut-close-the-source-of-the-cause-of-precious-time-wasters.
If people were consciously breaking the data, this would most certainly be
called vandalism. If you manage to burn out the regular contributors is
OSM, you will have done the whole community a major disservice.

Then there is the suggestion: it must not be a problem, as nobody bothered
to create a pull request. We are mappers, not JS programmers and how hard
can it really be to create dialogs to interact with your users? No need for
external contributions to accomplish that, all that's needed is the
willingness to stop annoying the rest of the community.