[OSM-talk] Big Lakes

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Thu Feb 19 03:29:53 UTC 2015

The Great Lakes have been discussed a few times on the local lists and the conclusion has been arrived at that they are best represented with natural=coastline.

It's important to remember that the direction of coastline ways matters (land on the left), and it is possible to look at a lake or island in the lake in isolation and tell where the water is and where the land is.