[OSM-talk] Mechanically Cleaning Up FIXME Tags

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Wed Feb 25 08:51:20 UTC 2015

On 25.02.2015 02:58, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> It is apparent that a number of imports have left tens of thousands of
> fixme notes that have a low chance of ever getting addressed.  Pick your
> favorite from the lists above: set␣better␣denotation is my mine.

That's from a mechanical edit that should never have happened in the
first place. The edit was basically done in order to establish the
"denotation" tag for trees, which was almost nonexistent before.

The denotation values were not pulled from an external source, but based
on guesses of the kind "another tree within x meters => must be a
cluster of trees". In my opinion, it could make sense to also remove the
denotation keys on trees with set␣better␣denotation. After all, the
continuing existence of that fixme shows that no human ever verified these.

I also agree with the general goal to get rid of pointless fixme values.