[OSM-talk] amenity=bicycle_repair_station :::: only 18 so far

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Mon Jan 26 16:37:04 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 1:13 AM, Philip Barnes <phil at trigpoint.me.uk> wrote:

> On Mon Jan 26 07:37:57 2015 GMT, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> >
> >> The locations I field checked were all findable, but had positioning
> errors
> >> consistent with smartphone GPS units,
> >> up to 30 meters.  In each case I was able to find the station in a field
> > I think this is a good example of where notes are the way to go. A badly
> positioned node is only likely to be spotted by a mapper who is
> specifically interested in bike repair stations, whereas a note will be
> spotted and acted upon by a more general mapper visiting an area. The note
> can contain info on how to tag or a reference to one that has been properly
> surveyed.

It seems messy, but I could import the 500 repair stations each with a
'note' that says it needs field checking.
Would people really want that?

---

This still won't find all the wacky ways people have tagged existing
stations (e.g. bike rack with capacity zero).  But
might focus attention on the bike infrastructure in the area of the note.