[OSM-talk] Micromapping and other subforums

Michał Brzozowski www.haxor at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 02:08:21 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jul 5, 2015 at 3:37 AM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Definition of mirco mapping would be usefull if this starts up?
>
> Mapping areas of, say, less than 5? square metres?
> Mapping nodes where the separation to other features is less than, say, 5?
> metres?

Sarcasm detected? (as per sheer nonsense of such definitions) It's a
"I know it when I see it" case, loosely speaking this means small
things of no relevance to our competitors or regular data consumers,
who are happy with a - duh! - street map.

>> And speaking of subforums: is there a possibility to create sub-subforums
>> (I mean thematic subforums inside country subforums)?
>>

> Why? Separating them out would lead to less participation - you only look at
> things that interest you untill you run out of time ...

This is really needed. Our Polish subforum is kind of mess currently,
with a few superthreads (beginner questions, available imagery,
address imports, osm 3d, ...) on top of that.

Michał