[OSM-talk] Micromapping and other subforums

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 01:37:25 UTC 2015

On 5/07/2015 11:21 AM, Daniel Koć wrote:
> I'm interested in some special mapping areas, like small scale/micro-
> mapping problems. While I see 3D and indoor mapping subforum in "OSM
> Specials" section on OSM Forum, I don't see micromapping subforum
> there. Are there any other mappers interested in it and if yes, do you
> think we should have a place to discuss such things?

Definition of mirco mapping would be usefull if this starts up?

Mapping areas of, say, less than 5? square metres?
Mapping nodes where the separation to other features is less than, say,
5? metres?

> And speaking of subforums: is there a possibility to create
> sub-subforums (I mean thematic subforums inside country subforums)?

Why? Separating them out would lead to less participation - you only
look at things that interest you untill you run out of time ...