[OSM-talk] New hardware - new possibilities?

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sun Jul 5 07:25:49 UTC 2015

On 7/4/2015 8:49 PM, Daniel Koć wrote:
> Or maybe the donation was meant just to keep us running as we are
> today with no further development plans?
The donation drive is for hardware resources, not for development
resources. In fact, development is defined as being outside the scope of
the Operations Working Group, who organized the details.

The additional rendering capacity should allow the sysadmins to bump the
style version in use on tile.osm.org more freely, which should allow the
OpenStreetMap Carto maintainers to release more frequently.