[OSM-talk] Looking for example of well mapped rural area and properly mapped city

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 09:44:25 UTC 2015

I am looking for well mapped rural area.

I am working on a new version of roads for Default style. I want to
avoid strong bias toward cities and ignoring rural area but at this
moment I am lacking test places to see how well potential style works.

Places that are not fully mapped are OK but I am not interested in
places that are badly mapped (especially: [highway=track] instead of
[highway=residential; surface=unpaved], residential/unclassified used
incorrectly).

Also - it is less important, but is anybody aware about city where
- landuse is mapped
- highway=residential/unclassified/track is used correctly both in city
  and nearby area
- buildings and roads are mapped

In other words - is there a perfectly mapped town/city?

Currently for rural areas I have only
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=14/53.2134/-1.7983 (rural UK)

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=13/55.4102/13.4749 (area between
Malmo and Ystad)

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/49.87433/16.77617 (Czech
republic)

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/49.15249/21.07066
(Slovakia)

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/49.87460/16.77673
(Czech republic)

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/52.93190/7.08075 (Netherlands)

All places suffer from missing important features (for example landuse)
and/or poor mapping, especially of landuses. And it is the best of what
I found.