[OSM-talk] Looking for well mapped rural area and well mapped town/city

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 10:04:07 UTC 2015

I am looking for well mapped rural area. I located some places but all
are either missing major features (like part of landuse) or quality of
mapping (especially landuses) is poor.

I am interested in places mapped better than my current test locations

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/49.87433/16.77617 - Czech republic

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=13/55.4102/13.4749 - area between Malmo and Ystad

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/49.15249/21.07066 - Slovakia

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/49.87460/16.77673 - Czech republic

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/52.93190/7.08075 - Netherlands

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=14/53.2134/-1.7983 - rural area where highway=footway are important (UK)

Also, is anybody aware about well mapped town/city with surroundings?
I would expect mapped landuses and buildings, with
highway=residential/unclassified/track used correctly.

I am looking for town/city without highway=unclassified used for all
roads in town, without highway=residential linking villages, without
track used instead of surface=unpaved and without roads linking
settlements turning into highway=residential within villages/towns
(also, without other less typical significant mistakes in road tagging).

These test locations are used during developing of road style for
Default map style (to test various ideas in multiple varied locations -
as changes improve situation for some places and make it worse in
other).