[OSM-talk] Looking for well mapped rural area and well mapped town/city

Jóhannes Birgir Jensson joi at betra.is
Mon Jul 20 22:41:22 UTC 2015

Rossleben is hard to beat.

I do have two more examples though:

Húsavík, small rural town in Iceland, plenty of landuse, a river, paths
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=15/66.0412/-17.3295

Smárar neigborhood in larger town Kópavogur in Iceland, landuse, roads,
paths, sport fields, public and private parking and more
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/64.1005/-21.8933

Bokspits, a border town in Botswana, paths and gates and fences
(probably trumped by Rossleben) plus an airport and border control. All
links to other towns (similarly mapped and rural) are via at least
Tertiary roads - as is most of Botswana that has been mapped so far.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/-26.8939/20.6974

Personally I have not seen your suggestions as improvements on current
map style so far, perhaps I'm just too used to the current Primary,
Secondary and Tertiary colors, all of which we use as accurately as
possible in urban Iceland.

Þann 20.7.2015 10:56, skrifaði Marcos Oliveira: