[OSM-talk] New road style for the Default map style - the second version. And thanks for rural test locations!

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Thu Jul 23 18:13:51 UTC 2015

On 23/07/15 17:04, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
> Lester Caine <lester at lsces.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> > From a UK point of view there nothing wrong with
>> > http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=12/52.1106/-2.0754 and certainly
>> > that is what is needed for any routing system.
> Yes, this part of map is not bad. I am not entirely sure whatever it
> will be true after landuse will be mapped.
>
> Readability of nearby
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=12/52.2325/-1.5484 is poor, despite
> that landuse composition is quite favourable and forest rather not
> appearing near trunk roads.

The random use of FARM for large areas is totally inappropriate, and
personally I'd remove the bulk of those areas ... or cover the rest of
the UK. Using 'farm' for the central farm area makes much more sense and
is what is the normal standard south of 'Birmingham Farm' area ;)

But all of the heavy detail should be an a separate layer so we can
actually see the farms in the farmland areas.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL