[OSM-talk] New road style for the Default map style - the second version. And thanks for rural test locations!

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 18:34:13 UTC 2015

On 23/07/2015 19:13, Lester Caine wrote:

> The random use of FARM for large areas is totally inappropriate, and
> personally I'd remove the bulk of those areas ... or cover the rest of
> the UK. Using 'farm' for the central farm area makes much more sense and
> is what is the normal standard south of 'Birmingham Farm' area ;)

It's actually "farmland" rather than farm, and therefore tagged
correctly.  If it was me I'd use a lightly colour for farmland so that
farmyards (also tagged correctly in that area) stand out a bit more
(obligatory "Blue Peter"** link http://imgur.com/L6l2g3z * to compare
with http://b.tile.openstreetmap.org/12/2028/1348.png ).

You can argue whether or not populating most of England with
landuse=farmland is a good use of anyone's time, but you can't argue
that it's wrong :)

Cheers,

Andy

* and FWIW that I believe is a better trunk option ("primary" red with
dark red casing) than what we have now too.

** For those unaware with the British meme - a children's television
programme that used to show kids how to make things out of odds and
ends, and then at the end reappear with "and here is one I made earlier!".