[OSM-talk] Some thoughts against remote mapping

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 11:40:50 UTC 2015

> There is no remote mapper that I know of that believes they can produce a
better map than a local can ... Sharing the remote burden all over the
world instead of a small local populace, probably with limited internet
connectivity, hardware and leisure time - to me that can only be a good
thing.

Agree. I dont think it should be a hardline stance of local vs remote.
There should be balance. For example, remotely mapping roads is useful for
us since it provides an initial framework for newbies to add POIs.