[OSM-talk] Taginfo challenge

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Mar 14 21:07:49 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 03/14/2015 02:34 PM, Andreas Goss wrote:
> And how many mappers would actually bother to check something if they
> spot it? I think a huge majority would just change ToiletS to toilets,
> so I doubt a bot would be much worse.

A bot would perhaps not be "much worse", but still a bad idea; it would
perform the bad edits that we're talking about it a more efficient way.

A recurring theme in OSM discussions goes like this:

Mapper 1: "I want to do X."
Mapper 2: "But X is silly."
Mapper 1: "Others are doing it too."

Just because people some people make bad decisions when mapping, doesn't
mean that the whole project has to lower its standards.

Bye
Frederik