[OSM-talk] Chain Store Cleanup

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Sat May 2 17:01:26 UTC 2015

A bit of a meta-discussion.... I wonder why this topic is not going the
same way as the debate on talk-gb last November-December in which it was
proposed to tidy up and normalise various spelling variants? There was a
lot of vehement opposition to any automated "corrections" as many chains
are inconsistent with their own orthography and only on-the-ground
mappers would be able to tell whether or not there is an apostrophe
present in the signage at this particular branch (etc. etc., you get
this idea).

Discussion starts here:

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-gb/2014-November/016718.html

//colin