[OSM-talk] Mapillary plugin for JOSM

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Mon May 4 17:17:10 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 12:11 PM, Jo <winfixit at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a GSoC project proposal this year to make a JOSM plugin for
>> Mapillary. I'm not sure what the status on that is right now.
>>
>> The Mapillary plugin for JOSM project was accepted. Coding will start in
> about 1 month. You can expect something to test by the end of June. Traffic
> signs may or may not make it in by the end of August.

Hopefully the sign identification gets *way* better between now and then.
It completely doesn't seem to understand US style speed limits, minimum
speeds, night speeds, truck speeds, truck minimum, or truck night speeds.
Also seems to assume that Americans don't have yield signs (and I would
hazard to guess it has *zero* clue about the older keystone shaped
yields).  There's a number of other signs that are frequent beyond speed
limits that don't seem to be understood based on the US traffic signs
mechanical turk type game thing they have, like bumps, bus stops, left
merges, slight curves versus sharp curves, etc...