[OSM-talk] Reporting routing problems

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Thu May 28 18:25:32 UTC 2015

W dniu 28.05.2015 18:33, Janko Mihelić napisał(a):
> I'd like the following procedure:

>  4. Later a mapper clicks the note, and it shows the text and the
> problematic route.

I'm also interested in 5. - standard procedure for reporting routing
errors to engine operators. =}

For OSRM I have just opened an issue on GitHub (
https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/issues ) and that's all -
mission accomplished.

With MapQuest it was much harder to find how can I report another bug.
Finally I have found "Residential Map or Route Errors" link on Support
page ( https://support.mapquest.com/hc/en-us - looks like the link
itself is dynamic, because it has issue number included). Help service
was as quick as in OSRM, but they said MapQuest currently support is
only active for USA and Canada and while they hope international routing
will be also supported, they can only recommend me Open MapQuest with
OSM data. =} After I said that I originally came from OSM itself, the
help line operator said that he will "share this with our routing team
but please note that we are not actively supporting international
routing right now so I unfortunately can't make any promises as to when
we might get to this." Maybe our technical team should talk with theirs
to make better feedback channel available?

We're left with GraphHopper feedback for now, but I can't say anything
about it, because I just don't have an issue with their service. =}

down" [A. Cohen]