[OSM-talk] Craigslist OpenStreetMap Rendering Issue

Andrew Hain andrewhainosm at hotmail.co.uk
Sun May 31 11:24:41 UTC 2015

Mike Thompson <miketho16 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> The issue is that some streets that are not one way in OSM data, are
rendered as one way by Craigslist.

> If you go to this ad and zoom in on the map you will see the arrows
designating one way streets, for example on Cliffrose Way
(https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/170048276):
> https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/gms/4991940913.html
> Here is the approximate area on the default OSM map:
>
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/40.51930/-104.85951
>

> I looked at the data and all of the streets in question seem to be tagged
"oneway=no". Admittedly this tag is rather superfluous in these cases - or
at least I believe it is, I am not the one that added it, but it shouldn't
be interpreted as indicating a one way street.

Does Craigslist also get oneway=-1 (traffic opposite to the direction of the
way) wrong?

--
Andrew